Thursday, November 12, 2009

One-Liners, Courtesy of The Ducklings!

This entry might be a little bit of a cop-out... but whatever! I'm running out of good stories without repeating the same thing over and over again. You know... the "Louie-poured-flour all-over-the-floor-and-used-it-to-slip-n-slide-down-the-hallway", kind of thing. That stuff happens around here... it's not always THAT entertaining.

Anyway.... over the years the Ducklings have come up with some one-liners that have just slayed me. So here goes. In no particular order.... quotes from the Ducklings.

Me to Army Guy: "Scoot over and make room for my giant butt".
Huey (from the other room): "THAT'S MY MAMA!!!"



*********

Huey (from the back of the minivan):"Mommy, can you move your big face so I can see the TomTom"?

*********


Huey to Mom and Dad (from the back of the minivan): "NO TALKING!"

Mom and Dad: "Okay" (continue talking)
short pause.....................

Huey (spoken like a tired irritated mom):
"I hear talking!" "I think I said NO TALKING!"



*********

Dewey: "Yo Ho, Yo Ho a Piwates Wife for me!"


*********

Dewey (singing to the tune of "Where is Thumpkin"):

"Where is Daddy? Where is Daddy?
I don't' know. I don't know.

Wore mus born wore finner. Wore mus born wore finner.
Amen. Amen. (Translated: "You must burn your finger")
(I don't know... I'm just reporting!)



*********

Huey (to his teacher when put in the time-out chair):
"My mommy does NOT want to hear from you!"


*********

Huey (to mommy when trying to stay up after bed time).

"But mommy, you're awesome and I just want to hang out with you!"
(ah... sweet! He got to stay up. I know... I'm a sucker!)


*********


Huey - the next night: (Spoken with wrong body language and tone. Rolling eyes and just saying the words.)
"But you're awesome and I just wanna hang out with you!"
(Ah ha ha ha! Not this time little mister! Nice try!)


*********
Dewey: "Doe Di Aye Doe Doe"
(It took me 20 minutes to translate that to "Go Diego Go") LOL



*********

Dewey: "I'm a boy but I DON'T WIKE football... and I DON'T WIKE fredress!!!" (Asparagus)

                                                     *********

Huey (back when he was 3) "Mommy!  Shoke taker honking wake up me! Shoke taker, Mama... Shoke Taker!!!"  Three days later it finally occurred to me he was saying "the smoke detector will honk and wake me up".  lol  I need a degree in 3-year-old linguistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe