Just The Highlights:
- Army Guy retired from the Army. I guess he is now just "Guy". Hmmm... that's no good. Maybe "Retired Guy" is better.
- Retired Guy and I became licensed Realtors in South Carolina and sold about a dozen houses. It was great and sucky all at the same time. Only a Realtor can fully appreciate that comment.
- Ducklings got HUGE. Last week Huey and I were standing in line at a buffet. Retired Guy took a photo of us side-by-side. I was all, "awww... how cute, we are the same height". Then it hit me like a flip'n snowball in the face. I WAS WEARING 2 1/2 INCH HEELS, Y'ALL!!! My baby is officially taller than me. My feelings on this topic are all twisted and squishy. This cannot be! HE'S TWELVE!!!
- All Ducklings now wear glasses. They really didn't have a chance at all.... blind as a bat my babies are. Their personalities are on full display with the frame types they heave selected. We have "Serious Corporate CEO Guy", "Never Loses a Case Attorney Guy", and "Lampshade as a Hat Dancing Guy". Fingers crossed that little assessment doesn't fully play out.
- Somehow Ducklings are now in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. What the .. WHAT?!?! Next up.. Jr. High. Fun!
- Oh. Yeah... and we moved to Texas nearly 2 years ago. I went to huge effort and expense to get my Texas Real Estate License and then decided... "Meh, I think Real Estate is not really for me." (in this state anyway).
- Retired Guy now teaches JROTC at a local high school. He loves it... but also misses being fully retired. And just like that... BAM.. he's "Army Guy" again.
- We plan to return to South Carolina As.Soon.As.Possible! The End...Amen! (It will probably be about 2 more years though). But still... that's the plan and we are stick'n to it. Until then we are consuming as much TexMex as we can. Gotta stock up because let's be real... South Carolina, y'all don't know how to get your TexMex on. (AT ALL) Truth!
- Oh yeah.. and I wrote a book. Emphasis on the word WROTE and not PUBLISHED. I'll probably be re-writing that sucker until I'm about 89. It's a work in progress.
So that about brings y'all up to date. Life here in Texas has been quite an adjustment. The Ducklings have settled in and are doing well. Army Guy and I are enjoying lots of TexMex and BBQ. Leggings are now my pants of choice. What? Don't act like you aren't wearing them too! What-ever... I'm middle aged now and that is liberating.
My goal is to keep up with this blog and post every week or so. We'll see. So come on back next week for another amazing adventure from the House of Crazy!