Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Man Needs a Goal

"Mom, I want a Lamborghini!" My oldest son announced via text.  "If I can save $100,000 will you kick in the rest?"

KICK IN THE REST?!?!?!  Like...will I just waltz on down to the bank and withdraw $300,000 so my son can have his dream car? Sure, Skippy...I'll add that to my errands list for tomorrow.


Just for grins, here's the car he wants. Yes...Purple! He has a very healthy self-esteem. Also, he's a giant man-child, so I don't see anyone bullying him over his purple car.





Did I mention the child is 14?
Did I also mention that he doesn't have a driver's license?
...or a JOB

Correction: he does have a job. He makes an allowance of $25 a month. Additionally, he earns another $50 a month for mowing the lawn...when he decides to actually mow the lawn. Now I'm no mathematician, but I think it will take, roughly, 584 years to save $400,000 at his current rate of earning. I'm not even going to do the math, because I'm pretty sure I'm in the ball-park with this one. 


Out of sheer curiosity, I did a quick Google search on "Lamborghini Insurance".  



"The costs of insuring a Lamborghini start at around $500 to $600 per month, assuming you're driving a Lamborghini Aventador with a base price of around $200,000. Your annual premiums should range from $6000 to $7200. Of course,Lamborghini car insurance quotes vary widely depending on your demographic information." (hat tip: https://www.4autoinsurancequote.com › blog › lamborghini-insurance-cost)

"Insurance quotes vary widely depending on your demographic information". I think it's safe to assume an unlicensed 14-year-old male would be on the HIGH END of this sliding scale. Just a hunch. I'm just going to keep this bit of info to myself. $7,000+ a year is a tad steep for a guy who makes roughly $75 per month. And let's not even broach the subject of fuel at the moment. 


Oh... wait... hold on just one second. THIS JUST IN!










Can I, maybe, help with half?!?!  I'm going with "MAYBE!" (which my children know is mom speak for "NO!")  

So, that was good for a chuckle. But Y'all...then the texts started coming in fast and furious! The child is determined and he has a plan!





True story... I am NOT your basic billionaire builder when it comes to stocks. I am a total LOSER! I chose to invest in a company that actually went out of business three weeks after I invested. So... dude might want to seek advice elsewhere.

So, what kind of stocks does he want to buy?




The child wants to invest in TRUMP!  😂😂😂 Listen, when you stay in a Trump hotel, and it's so fancy your younger brother picks up a British accent, you might get the impression this would be a good investment. I mean... it's TRUMP! And he's, like, a billionaire, or something...right?  I didn't want to crush his dreams, but the Trump Corporation has lost about a billion dollars in the past 4 years. Politics is a nasty game. But I digress...






His next idea actually made me spew coffee! For real! Coffee...on my phone, on my shirt, up my nose... 







SONY HAS FULL OWNERSHIP OF SPIDER-MAN!!! So that must be an excellent investment...right?  





I think my game plan here is to just encourage this dream. Because saving is not a bad thing, right? At some point he will realize this dream is not grounded in reality. And when his dream is shattered, he'll at least have a great savings account for something else.  Win/win! Right?  I'm going with RIGHT!!! 😂

Look, a boy needs a goal. And I think it's never a bad idea to just dream big! 

#YouGottaHaveADream
#GoForItSon
#ItCouldHappen
#MyEvilPlanToGetHimToSaveForCollege







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe