Friday, March 6, 2009

The Week In Review

This has been one of THOSE weeks. (um.. not the good kind). Let's review... shall we?

* Sunday: start the week under pressure to finish up prep for my woman's group luncheon on Thursday.

* Monday: 2/3 of my children have pink-eye

* Tuesday: serious allergic reaction to eye-drops that treat pink eye (Dewey).

* Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: trips to Dr. to treat serious allergic reaction to med. (and when I say SERIOUS... that is really an understatement. Let's just say, Deweys face looked like something from a horror flick)

* All Week: mostly ignoring kiddos so I have a prayer of finishing up program stuff (translation: UH OH... ducklings are wrecking havoc all over the house and I can't be bothered... just out of time)

* Can't even remember which day: SOMEBODY finds a pair of scissors and thinks it would be cool if my favorite new shirt had more of a "snowflake effect". (um.. this would NOT be a shirt from Walmart by the way. This would be something from Coldwater Creek ... aint nothin cheap from Coldwater Creek)

* Wednesday: can't decorate for my woman's group event because the chapel is booked all day. Must arrive by 8:00 Thursday morning and hope to get all prep done prior to 9:30. Getting ducklings out the door at 7:15 am was an amazing thing!

* Thursday morning: pull off woman's group event. Phew. Had to take Dewey with me because he couldn't go to daycare looking like a creature from somewhere other than planet Earth! Dewey was adorable at the event. (seriously gross looking... but adorable none-the-less)

* Thursday Night: baby vomits on me. While cleaning that up... Dewey squats on coffee table and goes pee pee. (this from a boy who has done such a good job this week in the "pee-pee-on-the-potty" department)

* 12:30 am Friday morning: baby crawls into bed with me (as usual). Cuddles up nice and
sweet and then proceeds to spew all over my bed. Change bed... put down a huge beach towel and crawl into bed again. Five seconds later, baby spews all over my bed again. Sob uncontrollably while I change my bed the second time in 20 minutes. Put baby back in his bed because I only own 3 sets of king size sheets. Finally fall asleep at about 2:30 am.

* 6:30 am Friday morning: Baby comes to my room with diaper overflowing with "butt-squirts". It's so bad that when I take his diaper off, I have to wrap it in the changing pad cover and just throw it all away. Find out later that the diaper leaked THROUGH the changing pad cover and dripped all the way to the garbage can outside. Yep... It was THAT bad!

* 8:30 am. Dewey wakes up sick too. Spend Friday cleaning up barf and trying not to think "what next" because I just don't want to know.

* Friday morning: I have lost my voice. Much rejoicing is heard from the Ducklings!

* Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Spend all day every day cleaning up vomit and nasty diapers. All potty training has come to a complete stop. Dewey is back in diapers because the "butt-squirts" are coming so fast and he just can't control it.

* Sunday: Dewey has not held anything down since Thursday evening. Off to the hospital to have him checked out... fear dehydration. Spend 7 hours at the hospital while Dewey has an IV. Cry when they put the IV into his hand. Poor baby screamed so loud. I remember that pain.... it is not fun!

Keep in mind these are merely the highlights. Add to that the continued frustration of potty training, the countless ways the boys found to destroy the house while I was too busy to care, and 100 other little annoyances that occurred. Yep... It was a very, very bad week, indeed! But I have lived to tell the tale. I am a survivor! Woo Hoo!

By the way, I'm still searching for the funny.........

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate to the multiple late night pukings and soiling of many a blankets. The messy diapers weren't quite as heinous, but they were a plenty. This began for us at 2:30 am Thursday. I spent the night cleaning and writing sub plans to return to bed for a brief moment before Mason was to awake for the day. Thoroughly exhausted we blobbed out on the couch together. I can't imagine that times 3. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll find the funny together! I lost mine too somewhere... Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe