Tuesday, April 10, 2018

And Then THIS Happened!

What happens when you devote two posts in a row to your quirky kids and their desire to pretend you are a competitor on MasterChef?  A casting producer somehow stumbles upon your blog and invites you to submit an application for a cooking show. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  This email not only intrigued me... it gave me great joy!

Here's the email:

"Hi Loretta,
My name is Jillian Bonanne and I am a casting producer for testimonials for a fun new product. We are currently casting for inexperienced home cooks and would like to inform you about our search! 

We are looking for inexperienced home cooks that are ready to gain some confidence in the kitchen with an amazing new product. Do you have a passion for food, but need a little help in the kitchen? We want to hear from you!

For your convenience, I have attached a copy of our flyer that further details what we are looking for and how to apply. Please feel free to post this on your website, send out to any list serve you may have or forward it on to anyone you think may be interested. Any help spreading the word about our search is greatly appreciated!

For more information and how to apply, please visit our website at www.jscasting.com. If you have any questions or require further information, please email us at newhomecooksproject@gmail.com or feel free to contact me directly.  Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Jillian Bonanne
Casting Producer"





My first thought was hey... I'm a good cook! But then I had to admit that "good cooks" don't make tacos and spaghetti every week. Nor do they find a way to screw up Mac & Cheese... EVERY DANG TIME! (Hello scrambled-eggy-gooey-cheesy-noodle-slop).

"Good cooks" make snobby sounding food like...

CONFIT FILLET OF PORTUGUESE ROUGET"
Green Asparagus, Young Almonds, Meyer Lemon, and Brown Butter "Mousseline"

and  

CHARCOAL-GRILLED DIAMOND H RANCH QUAIL BREAST
Cauliflower Florettes, Muscat Grapes, Virginia Peanuts,  and "Satay Sauce"

(*Hat tip to the April 9, 2018 Chef's Tasting Menu at Per Se Restaurant in New York City, a Michelin 3-Star Restaurant)

Since I don't even know what Rouget is, I'm thinking I qualify as an "inexperienced home cook". So I thought, what the heck... I'll give it a go, and then I submitted an application. I'm posting about it here because I thought maybe YOU would like to submit an application too. Her note does say that "any help spreading the word about our search is greatly appreciated." So I thought I'd be super helpful and pass this on to my clever readers who might like this opportunity as well. So here you go...apply... what are you waiting for?...It will be fun!  

FYI  - this company casts for all kinds of cooking shows. If nothing else, this is a good website to watch if you're interested in actually getting "Chopped" (or not getting "Chopped").  Right now they are also casting for the Food Network show, "Beat Bobby Flay".  I feel compelled to submit my super awesome mac & cheese dish. There is no way Bobby could even dream of coming close to that!  Whadayathink? 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I think I need to start writing about becoming a millionaire so maybe I'll get a pitch to you know, become a millionaire.

    I would love to see you on a cooking show! But even more than that, I'd love to see your kids as judges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Girl... my kids would crack you up. Come over any time and cook for the little boogers. They are both brutal and hilarious!

      YES!!! Post about becoming a millionaire! GENIUS!!!

      Delete

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe