Friday, July 10, 2009
Daddy Was Here!
June was a busy, wonderful month. Daddy was here for a full two weeks and we had an amazing time. The boys were thrilled to have him around. We were wondering how Louie would react, since he's too little to remember when Army Guy left. But he took to Daddy right away. And boy did those 4 boys have a good time.
Here are a few highlights of daddy's visit:
* We went to the South Carolina Train Museum and took a train ride. The boys got a kick out of that. They also enjoyed walking through old, refurbished trains. It was amazing to see them so interested in museum pieces. These boys just love any train!
* We were blessed with a visit from Grammy. Though her stay was entirely too short, it was really good to see her. The boys always enjoy when grandparents visit.
* Auntie Kelly (with the yellow hair) and all the blond cousins came to visit. It was so good to see them. The boys had a great time with Auntie Kelly and Huey loved playing with Johnny (because Johnny is a "big boy"... he's almost 10!)
* It was amazing timing that Daddy's visit included Father's Day! Yay! Huey and Dewey painted a really cool ceramic airplane... camouflage... orange... of course. (because the U.S. military doesn't have an airplane that will blend well during an inverted sunset fly-over. Brilliantly done boys!)
* Of course the best part of Daddy's visit was just having him here.... just hanging out as a family and enjoying the time. We had lots of lazy days which included wrestling, cuddling and tickling! And I enjoyed watching all four of my boys play and laugh. It was good for the heart.
Army Guy returned to Iraq on June 24th and we have gone back to our "alternate reality". But the good news is we are 2/3 finished with this deployment. Daddy has been gone for one year, and we have only 6 months to go! Yay!
Labels: Army Guy
Loretta is the mother of three boys aged 10, 11 and 12, and the author of the upcoming book, "Laughing All The Way To Kindergarten". In addition to keeping up with her crazies, Loretta is a lover of Jesus, hummer of Christian tunes, fan of TexMex, and wearer of leggings. Loretta documents the crazy at www.lorishouseofcrazy.blogspot.com