Prayer is the work, dear Mommies. Let's make a commitment to uplift our children in deliberate and specific prayer every single day. Join me in this endeavor and watch how God moves in the lives of our children. Let’s stand firmly on God’s word and raise the next generation to be strong and courageous, adorned with the full armor of God, living in the Spirit, displaying it’s fruit, and seeking God’s will. Let’s raise men and women of honor and integrity who will lead the next generation to God. When we do this, we will be amazed at the results.
Here is a list of ways to pray for your children each day for 30 days. When the month is over, start again. If a month has 31 days, you get a free day. By “free day” I do not mean you get a “no pray day”; I mean you get to repeat any topic or chose a topic of your own. You can even pray several of the topics on one day. No worries, God can multi-task. No matter what, it is essential to cover our children with prayer when we send them out into the world. Let's make this commitment together and see how God works.
1) Salvation: Pray that your child will accept Jesus, walk in the Word and live in the Spirit.
2) Friends: Pray that your child will befriend children who will be a good influence on his life. Pray also for your child's friends.
3) School: Pray for your child at school; for peace during tests and good behavior in the classroom.
4) Protection: Request a hedge of protection around your child. Bless her into God’s hands and ask God to provide angels to guard her.
5) Mind: Pray for your children to have peace of mind and pure thoughts.
6) Teachers/Adults: Pray that the adults in his world will also display the fruits of the spirit and will gently instruct and guide. Pray that they will be trustworthy individuals who will not undermine the morality you are teaching.
7) Health: Pray for wellness and a healthy body for your child.
8) Future spouse: Uplift your child’s future spouse. Pray that their union would be Godly and their home will be a household of faith. Pray they will teach their children to serve the Lord.
9) Love: Pray for your child to have a loving heart, and to treat others with love and respect.
10) Addiction and pornography: Ask the Lord to protect your child from the evils of the world.
11) Peace: Pray for your child to have a peaceful nature.
12) Joy: Pray that your child will experience life with an attitude of joy.
13) Patience: Pray that you will have patience with your child, and that she will learn to give patience to others.
14) The Armor of God: Pray for the full armor of God over your child: truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit.
15) Grace: Pray that your child would give grace freely to those around him, and receive grace for his shortcomings.
16) Honesty and integrity: Pray that your child will be a person of honor and integrity in all things.
17) Education: Pray that your child will take her education seriously and will be prepared and free of stress for tests. Pray for your child’s future and for his path to college or vocational school.
18) Career path: Pray for your child’s future career and for wisdom in this decision.
19) Financial awareness: Pray that your child will learn financial health now and practice financial responsibility in the future.
20) Emotional health: Pray for your child’s emotional health. Ask God to guard against all of the harmful things that could scar her heart and damage her confidence.
21) Goodness: Pray that your child will practice goodness as he deals with others. Pray that he will exhibit honor and integrity in all things.
22) Kindness: Pray that your child will be kind and will be treated with kindness in return. Pray against bullying and hostility.
23) Faith: Pray that your child will be a person of faith. Living a life trusting in the Lord.
24) Self-control: Pray that your child will display self-control as he grows. Both now, in the small things, and later in his relationships.
25) Gentleness: Pray that your child will have a spirit of gentleness toward all people. Pray also that gentleness will be returned in kind.
26) Empathy/caring for others: Pray that your child will have a natural concern for the well-being of others. Always ready to lend a hand and be a friend.
27) Strength: Ask God to give your child strength to stand against the evil that seeks to destroy.
28) Temptation: Ask God to provide your child with a solid foundation on the word so that she can withstand temptation.
29) Spirit led: Pray that your child will be focused on the spirit and not distracted by worldly gain.
30) Seeking God: Pray that in all things, every day, in every way, your child will seek the will of God.