Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trick or Treat!


I REALLY wanted to dress the boys as Huey, Dewey, and Louie for Halloween!!! How perfect would THAT have been? I could just see it.... My darling boys decked out in little white duck costumes... the mere thought makes me laugh. But NOOOOOOO! These boys would have none of that! (Kill-joys). Instead they insisted on Mario, Luigi and Pooh Bear. Now you might notice a few flaws with this picture. First, the obvious... "but wait... that's not Pooh Bear.. that's BLUE!" Ya... I know. Baby decided to go with last year's "Blue" at the last second. And I mean... the VERY LAST second. Army Guy was actually dressing him when this revelation came. But Army Guy was fast on his toes. He remained flexible and conquered the challenge like a true stay-at-home mom. Ya... he ditched the Pooh Bear Outfit and dug "Blue" out of the closet. $19.95 wasted! Whatever! You gotta do what you gotta do! Hahaha

The second problem with the photo is height. Do you think there is any possible way on EARTH that I could get the short one to be Mario and the tall one to be Luigi??? Not on your life!!! Huey was dead set on Mario. And Dewey was going to be Luigi! End. Of. Story! Hahaha!

So... with our costume challenges overlooked, we sent them off to gather chocolate for their mama (uh... I mean... um... for them). This is the first time Army Guy was around for Halloween and he took them trick-or-treating. They all had a blast! When they returned I thought it was curious that "Baby" had the biggest stash. Army Guy laughed and said "Baby worked the crowd". Apparently, he blew kisses to everyone and had them eating out of his hand. Hmmmm... future politician in my home? Haha!

We had a fun night and it was so great to have Army Guy home to share it with the boys. (we can thank my former gallbladder for that... may it rest in peace!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe