Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Still Do


Long, long ago (10 years) and far, far away (California) these two young (30-something) kids got married. It was a beautiful sunny (75 degrees) autumn day! The birds were singing, the planets lined up, the universe was at one with nature and everybody was happy forever and ever amen........... Fast forward ten years, three children, and a couple of deployments.... And I am still living in Bliss (the state of mind, not the fort in Texas) and am completely happy to be Mrs. Army Guy.

When this picture was taken, I was happy and hopeful but not really certain about this thing called marriage. But I thought... "hey, I'll give it a shot". Turns out marrying this man is the smartest thing I've ever done. It has been an incredible journey and I am looking forward to growing old together.

Let me brag about my husband for a second. This is the kindest and most thoughtful person I have ever met in my life. It is just God's blessing to me that he happens to be my husband and best friend. This man wanted to be SUPER SURE I received my anniversary cards on time. (I say "CARDS" because his love is bigger than what can be expressed in just one Hallmark card.) Army Guy sent three this year. And he didn't just stick a .42 cent stamp on them and forget about it... he really covered his bases and sent them EXPRESS because the post office could not guarantee delivery in time if he sent them PRIORITY. So he sent them Express to make SURE they would arrive a full two-days early. They did arrive on Tuesday, Nov 18th... however I was not home and the postman (er... post lady-person) did not leave the express envelope on my doorstep. Instead I got a slip that said "we tried to deliver... bla bla bla... we'll try again tomorrow". Two days later and still no "EXPRESS" envelope. So I call the post office and they said "we don't attempt to re-deliver, you have to come get the package". To which I reply, "Then why did my letter carrier check 'we will attempt to re-deliver tomorrow'? Long story short... they will (hopefully) deliver my cards tomorrow. But I think the stupid post office owes Mr. Man a $18.95 refund. Anyway... I digress.... I included that story to make this point.... My husband will (and does) go out of his way (every day, all the time) to do whatever it takes to keep me happy. His motto is "Happy wife... happy life". Not that I am difficult to keep happy, but this man has not stopped making every effort, every day, for ten years of marriage. And I find that truly remarkable!

So, here we are 10 years later. A little more weight (US).... a few more wrinkles (ME)... a lot less hair (sorry babe) and I am still madly in love with him. He is more handsome today than the day I met him and I am truly blessed and loved.

Oh... and did I mention these (below) that were left on my doorstep today? Nice! Ten roses for 10 years,
and stargazer lilies because they were in my bridal bouquet. Just another reason to love him... he remembers the little things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe