Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Mommy, I Brushed My Teeth With A Golf Ball!"

..... to which I replied, "hmm.. that's nice, go get into bed".

Yes, I just did the "I'm-totally-not-listening-to-you-because-I-just-want-you-to-GET-INTO-BED-already" thing.

I'm ashamed... I am!

So anyway, a few hours later I began to ponder my 4-year-old's puzzling message. What exactly did he mean by "I brushed my teeth with a golf ball"? After a small investigation I have cracked his code and can provide a translation to his cryptic message. Here's what he meant:

"I BRUSHED MY TEETH WITH A GOLF BALL!!!"

I know because I found a GOLF BALL in the sink with toothpaste smeared all over it. Yeah... it was lovely. So then I got to thinking about that. How DOES a person brush with a golf ball, exactly? I mean... the logistics of it all... how would that work? Especially if you're four and your mouth is small and..... oh never mind. I really don't want to know.

So is that kind of creativity a brand new level of genius....or something else entirely?

And also... I think when I finally do write my book I'll title it "Tales from the Other Side of Sanity". I think that works well.... all things considered! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just stopping in to see how things are going! Your posts make me smile and remember so much of the antics from our own home! We're in Germany now. Pop in and see our new blog.

    melinda

    ReplyDelete

Copywrite 2018 - Loretta Monroe