This is one of the Ducklings' all time favorite meals. Amazingly, it's also easy and worthy of dinner guests. So I would call this my "WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER" (except with Pork).
(note: I will add pictures the next time I make this.)
6 Pork Chops (Bone In)
1-2 Garlic cloves - minced
Drizzle of Olive Oil
1 tbs butter
Sliced Mushrooms (a lot or a little; Ducklings like A LOT)
1 Onion, sliced (red, yellow, white... Ducklings don't care)
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup red wine (pretty much any kind... just not a sweet wine)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Drizzle pan with olive oil and brown the pork chops over med-high heat until golden on both sides.
- Remove pork to a 9x12 baking dish
- Saute mushrooms and onion in the butter for a few minutes
- Add chicken broth, wine, minced garlic and bay leaf. Simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- Poor mushroom mixture over pork chops. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Optional: Thicken the juice & mushrooms with flour or cornstarch for a yummy gravy. But it's super yummy without the thickener. I'm all about easy... so we just use the juice as is.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and broiled asparagus.
This dinner is killer good! I mean like... WOW!
This recipe comes from one of the Atkins cookbooks. Yes... that's right... it's also low carb (without the mashed potatoes, of course).
Low carb dieters... you will love me for this... I promise! YOU ARE WELCOME! :)